- Community of Residence: Newton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ellenfoust.com
- Phone: 617-922-2986
- Artist Biography: I first started attending TBZ back in the 1980s, and officially joined in September 2019, with my husband Jeff Foust. It's wonderful to finally be a bonafide member. I’m an artist and photographer with a passion for teaching. I received an MA in art history from Rutgers University and studied photography at the New England School of Photography. I currently teach mobile photography and editing at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, where I am a full-time educational consultant to faculty teaching online. My bold, graphical photographs explore the interactions of light and weather on a scene or object. My work has been featured in solo exhibitions, on Instagram hubs, and in literary magazines. All of my images are taken and edited on an iPhone.
- Artist Statement: I love light! I look for it everywhere, and when I find it I photograph it. Since the COVID lockdown began, I have almost exclusively looked for it in my house and yard, in a local historic burying ground where I can easily social distance 6 feet above the many souls buried there, and at Bullough’s Pond in Newton. I start my day by looking out my bedroom window to see the color of the sky (white with wispy clouds? clear blue? gray and overcast?) and the quality of the light (soft? brilliant? diffused?). Depending on what I see, I decide where to photograph that day. This daily practice brings excitement and fun into my life, and for this reason, I am seldom bored.